- Home »
- How To
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
Using pool chemicals in the spa might seem like a good idea. The ingredients are similar, so it shouldn’t be an issue…right? Although substituting these chemicals might save you a trip to your local BioGuard Approved Retailer, if done incorrectly, will cost you an absolute fortune in maintenance costs. Of major concern are the quick…
Now that autumn has arrived, and winter is fast approaching, your pool usage has probably declined. However, just because your pool has shut up shop for the season doesn’t mean you can forget about it… doing so might leave you with a green pool, a hole in your wallet and a stomach full of regret.…
Jumping in the pool on a hot summer’s day is one of life’s great pleasures. It’s fun, cools you down, the kids love it and it’s a great way to exercise. However, as we all know, spending too much time in the sun drastically increases your risk of developing skin cancer. Not to mention premature…
Around Christmas, with New Year’s parties and summer’s silly season, it’s easy to let pool maintenance fall to the wayside. This year – why not make your New Year’s resolution to take better care of your pool and enjoy more safe swimming. I hereby resolve to improve my pool maintenance. Whether you’re fixing the gate,…
Pool maintenance when you’re busy can be a daunting task. Particularly if you’re working longer days or you’re going away for the summer break, pool maintenance is probably the last thing on your mind. And while we get that time is precious, there are a few things you can do to ensure a sparkling pool,…
Your pool can add a few extra numbers to the price of your property. It can be the difference between visitors coming over for one drink, or staying for dinner. And it definitely makes a difference over summer. Owning a pool is one of the biggest investments you can have. That’s why at BioGuard we…
In the past 5 years, around 330 Australian children have tragically lost their lives through drowning in pools. That’s 330 Australian families, torn apart in horrible yet preventable circumstances. With summer approaching and 50% of these drownings occurring in residential pools, we have provided the following checklist to make sure you’re ready for the swimming…
It’s not a nice sight… You take a look at your pool, expecting crystal clear water to greet your eyes, but it’s green, cloudy and uninviting. So how do you clear the green without spending a fortune? Pool water turns green because of algae in the water. Algae can grow rapidly, particularly when it’s warm…
The filtration system is one of the most important parts of your pool, to keep it looking and feeling clean. The filter works in two ways: It keeps the water looking great by removing debris and oxidised materials from the water; and Stimulates water flow throughout the pool, distributing chemicals and preventing algae from forming…
- What to plant around a swimming pool
- The BioGuard 3-step pool maintenance program
- Do you need to test your spa water regularly?
- Reduce the power costs for your spa
- A guide to sanitising your spa
- How to complete the perfect spa, just add lights!
- How to maintain your spa this winter
- Seven spas to put on your bucket list
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- The Cool Summer Giveaway!
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- What is hydrotherapy?
- BioGuard’s 3-Step Pool Winter Maintenance Program
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- How to effectively remove leaves from your pool
- 4 ways to make your pool more sustainable for Earth Day
- Can you use pool chemicals in the spa?
- 7 steps to get your pool ready for winter
- Premium Quality Pool Products
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Top 6 Pools From Around The World
- New Year's Resolution for Pool Owners
- Pool Party Protocol
- Tips for the busy pool owner
- How often should you test your pool water?
- Home Pool Safety
- How to fix a green pool
- SPASA Australia Awards 2016
- Understanding Pool Filters
- Tips for a Summer-ready pool
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- Protecting your pool from bad weather
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Weekly spa maintenance
- Keeping your spa spring-clean
- Five tips for a cost-effective spa clean
- The health benefits of spas
- Prepare your spa for winter
- Heating your pool
- Preparing for winter
- Pool Cleaning Guide
- Basic guide to filter cleaning
- Clearing up cloudy water
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Enjoy your new pool
- Getting your pool ready for a party?
- Take the stress out of chlorinating your pool
- Win a pool cleaner
- Post-fire pool management
- How to enjoy swimming without eye irritation
- Avoid itchy skin after swimming
- What to do if you go away
- How to avoid a green pool
- Getting your pool ready for summer
- Five easy steps to a sparkling clean pool