- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
Reading Time: 3 minutes – Are you thinking about diving into pool ownership? First and foremost, you need to decide what size pool will suit your lifestyle. It’s important to make the right choice from the beginning because once construction is underway, it’s not something you can easily change! We have created a guide for…
Reading Time: 2:15 – Keeping on top of your pool maintenance can be a daunting task when first starting out. When you’re formulating a maintenance plan, it can be tempting to cut corners and save money by only purchasing a selection of the recommended chemical products. But this will cause you stress in the long…
Reading Time: 2:15 – Do you want to be a pro when it comes to maintaining your saltwater pool? Luckily, you’ve come to the experts. The popularity of saltwater pools has been on the rise across Australia and New Zealand because they’re easy to maintain and are suitable for swimmers with sensitive skin. They do,…
The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
Reading Time: 1:30 – Not all pools are created equal. We’ve journeyed far and wide to discover the best pools in the land. Join us in wading through our ultimate pool bucket-list. 1.The Cambrian Hotel, Adelboden, Switzerland Can you think of anything better than floating in an infinity pool heated to perfection at 32C that’s nestled…
Reading Time: 4 Minutes – You may be tempted to skip testing your pool water, but we cannot stress its importance enough. Water testing is essential in protecting not only your investment, but also your family’s health. Water testing is the first step in ensuring your pool is perfectly balanced. A balanced pool protects your pool equipment,…
Reading Time: 2 Minutes – Time for an Update? The new year is an excellent time for a refresh! So why not give your beloved pool an update to keep it performing at its peak? Your pump, filter, and chlorinator all work hard to keep your pool water healthy and clean. However, this equipment needs to…
Reading Time: 2 Minutes – Splashing around in the pool is always fun, but if you’re in the market to take your poolside set up to the next level this pool season – we’ve got you covered. We’ve compiled a list of the 9 best pool toys and accessories for summer. The kids and the kids at heart…
Reading Time: 2 Minutes – To make the most of your pool this summer, it’s essential that you keep your maintenance program on track. Regular treatment and maintenance will ensure your pool performs at its peak during the weeks of scorching hot weather. If you are interested in receiving a personalised treatment plan, head into your…
Let’s make it clear; when it comes to pool filtration, it’s vital that you use the best filter media on the market to keep your pool water healthy. For this reason, we’re thrilled that Activated Filter Media (AFM®), is available exclusively from BioGuard in Australia and New Zealand. Give your pool filter the first class…
- How to make these guys buzz off
- COVID-Safe Swimming
- A sparkling pool for summer in three simple steps.
- Don’t let cloudy spa water give you the cold shoulder!
- Winter pool maintenance for a swim-ready pool!
- Warm off the winter blues!
- 'Tis the season of the spa!
- How to make the most of your spa in autumn
- Planting a garden around your pool or spa
- Why you should never smell chlorine in your pool
- Your summer pool maintenance guide
- What to do before and after a pool party
- A guide to sanitising your pool
- Keeping your pool energy efficient
- How to get your pool water sparkling in time for summer!
- Fun pool activities for kids!
- Does a pool add property value?
- Help! My pool water has turned cloudy
- What to plant around a swimming pool
- The BioGuard 3-step pool maintenance program
- Do you need to test your spa water regularly?
- Reduce the power costs for your spa
- A guide to sanitising your spa
- How to complete the perfect spa, just add lights!
- How to maintain your spa this winter
- Seven spas to put on your bucket list
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- What is hydrotherapy?
- BioGuard’s 3-Step Pool Winter Maintenance Program
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- How to effectively remove leaves from your pool
- 4 ways to make your pool more sustainable for Earth Day
- Can you use pool chemicals in the spa?
- 7 steps to get your pool ready for winter
- Premium Quality Pool Products
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Top 6 Pools From Around The World
- New Year's Resolution for Pool Owners
- Pool Party Protocol
- Tips for the busy pool owner
- How often should you test your pool water?
- Home Pool Safety
- How to fix a green pool
- SPASA Australia Awards 2016
- Understanding Pool Filters
- Tips for a Summer-ready pool
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- Protecting your pool from bad weather
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Weekly spa maintenance
- Keeping your spa spring-clean
- Five tips for a cost-effective spa clean
- The health benefits of spas
- Prepare your spa for winter
- Heating your pool
- Preparing for winter
- Pool Cleaning Guide
- Basic guide to filter cleaning
- Clearing up cloudy water
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Enjoy your new pool
- Getting your pool ready for a party?
- Take the stress out of chlorinating your pool
- Post-fire pool management
- How to enjoy swimming without eye irritation
- Avoid itchy skin after swimming
- What to do if you go away
- How to avoid a green pool
- Getting your pool ready for summer
- Five easy steps to a sparkling clean pool