- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
Whether for relaxation, entertaining, exercise, family or couples time, choosing your new spa should be a lot of fun. But as with any big-ticket purchase, selecting the right spa for your lifestyle, means making a few well thought out decisions. Only pick the essentials How much do you want to spend? Knowing your budget and…
What is hydrotherapy?
Defined as the use of water to enhance health and wellbeing, hydrotherapy has been used for thousands of years to prevent and treat disease, relieve stress and tension, and boost muscle recovery. From Roman soldiers bathing in hot wells to help them recover from war, to the Ancient Greeks building hospitals around hot springs, hydrotherapy…
Nothing thaws the soul like a soak in the spa. Just as nothing ruins that soak like a poorly maintained spa. And as we dive further into autumn, bracing ourselves for the winter chill, spa maintenance becomes more and more important. So whether you just need a brief reminder, or you’ve neglected your spa over…
Using pool chemicals in the spa might seem like a good idea. The ingredients are similar, so it shouldn’t be an issue…right? Although substituting these chemicals might save you a trip to your local BioGuard Approved Retailer, if done incorrectly, will cost you an absolute fortune in maintenance costs. Of major concern are the quick…
We are thrilled to announce that we have continued our SPASA winning streak, with BioLab and our retailers taking home eleven awards at the recent SPASA Australia Awards of Excellence Gala Dinner. The SPASA Australia Awards of Excellence Gala Dinner recognises achievements in design, construction, innovation, service and professionalism across the pool and spa industry.…
We could all use a break from our busy lives. However finding the perfect spot to relax, take a load off and just forget about the constant rush can be hard for some people; especially when going for a walk, having a drink or napping on the couch isn’t enough. Fortunately, a soak in the…
While it might seem like a hassle, maintaining your spa’s cleanliness and overall health on a weekly basis, will save you money, time and a lot of potential hassle in the future. For easy weekly spa maintenance, just remember the 3Cs! ‘Consistently Check and Clean.’ Consistency: Consistency really is the key to having a beautiful…
Spas come into their own in the cool of winter. Nothing thaws cold toes or soothes a wintery soul like settling into your spa. That’s why it’s important to make sure your spa is sparkling clean and all set to go when you’re ready to use your spa: Your mid-spa inner-voice should be more “ah,…
It’s inevitable that debris will accumulate in your spa at some point. That’s when operating costs can increase and your spa’s water quality goes down. Typically: you increase water and chemical usage, backwashing or cleaning becomes more frequent, and poorer filtration increases chemical consumption in an effort to compensate. Cleaning is important, but simply draining…
- What to be doin' if a storm's brewin'
- An energy-efficient pool can save a pretty penny
- Keep your pool perfectly balanced
- It's our Sunsational Giveaway!
- Oxidation - bad for fruit, good for your pool
- How to make these guys buzz off
- COVID-Safe Swimming
- A sparkling pool for summer in three simple steps.
- Don’t let cloudy spa water give you the cold shoulder!
- Winter pool maintenance for a swim-ready pool!
- Warm off the winter blues!
- 'Tis the season of the spa!
- How to make the most of your spa in autumn
- Planting a garden around your pool or spa
- Why you should never smell chlorine in your pool
- Your summer pool maintenance guide
- What to do before and after a pool party
- A guide to sanitising your pool
- Keeping your pool energy efficient
- How to get your pool water sparkling in time for summer!
- Fun pool activities for kids!
- Does a pool add property value?
- Help! My pool water has turned cloudy
- What to plant around a swimming pool
- The BioGuard 3-step pool maintenance program
- Do you need to test your spa water regularly?
- Reduce the power costs for your spa
- A guide to sanitising your spa
- How to complete the perfect spa, just add lights!
- How to maintain your spa this winter
- Seven spas to put on your bucket list
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- What is hydrotherapy?
- BioGuard’s 3-Step Pool Winter Maintenance Program
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- How to effectively remove leaves from your pool
- 4 ways to make your pool more sustainable for Earth Day
- Can you use pool chemicals in the spa?
- 7 steps to get your pool ready for winter
- Premium Quality Pool Products
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Top 6 Pools From Around The World
- New Year's Resolution for Pool Owners
- Pool Party Protocol
- Tips for the busy pool owner
- How often should you test your pool water?
- Home Pool Safety
- How to fix a green pool
- SPASA Australia Awards 2016
- Understanding Pool Filters
- Tips for a Summer-ready pool
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- Protecting your pool from bad weather
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Weekly spa maintenance
- Keeping your spa spring-clean
- Five tips for a cost-effective spa clean
- The health benefits of spas
- Prepare your spa for winter
- Heating your pool
- Preparing for winter
- Pool Cleaning Guide
- Basic guide to filter cleaning
- Clearing up cloudy water
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Enjoy your new pool
- Getting your pool ready for a party?
- Take the stress out of chlorinating your pool
- Post-fire pool management
- How to enjoy swimming without eye irritation
- Avoid itchy skin after swimming
- What to do if you go away
- How to avoid a green pool
- Getting your pool ready for summer
- Five easy steps to a sparkling clean pool