- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
Swimming in winter
A small splash, closely followed by a loud gasp for air and, of course some form of regret… That’s what most people associate with swimming through winter – but it doesn’t have to be that way. Just because it’s cold and unpleasant outside doesn’t mean your pool has to be. With these simple tips and guidelines…
Save yourself from costly problems, by maintaining your pool this winter. BioGuard’s simple 3-step maintenance program will keep your balanced pool sparkling all through winter, and save you from any nasty surprises come summer. Click here to download a printer friendly version of BioGuard_3-Step Winter Pool Maintenance Guide. Step 1 Always sanitise your pool water…
There’s no doubt, autumn is a beautiful season – the trees and scenery turn every shade of bronze – and the ground becomes a carpet of gold. While the falling leaves of autumn might be a visual spectacle it’s not great when they fall and land in your pool. If left, leaves can permanently stain…
Earth Day, April 22, denotes the world’s biggest environmental movement. The goal is to broaden and diversify the environmental movement. This is considered an effective vehicle in building a healthy, sustainable environment, tackling climate change, and protecting the earth for future generations. At BioGuard, we are strong advocates for the encouragement and use of evidence-based…
Now that autumn has arrived, and winter is fast approaching, your pool usage has probably declined. However, just because your pool has shut up shop for the season doesn’t mean you can forget about it… doing so might leave you with a green pool, a hole in your wallet and a stomach full of regret.…
The importance of using premium quality pool products is hotly debated. You’ll find confusing information all over the Internet telling you there’s no difference between using generic chemicals and buying them through professional retailers, such as BioGuard. But, this couldn’t be further from the truth. Firstly, by purchasing through a professional, pool chemical retailer, premium quality…
Jumping in the pool on a hot summer’s day is one of life’s great pleasures. It’s fun, cools you down, the kids love it and it’s a great way to exercise. However, as we all know, spending too much time in the sun drastically increases your risk of developing skin cancer. Not to mention premature…
Around Christmas, with New Year’s parties and summer’s silly season, it’s easy to let pool maintenance fall to the wayside. This year – why not make your New Year’s resolution to take better care of your pool and enjoy more safe swimming. I hereby resolve to improve my pool maintenance. Whether you’re fixing the gate,…
How do I host a pool party? There are lots of things to worry about – food, drink, safety, and guest numbers – and if you’ve never done it before, or the task has been sprung on you, it can be daunting. But it’s important to remember that pool parties with friends and family can…
- What to be doin' if a storm's brewin'
- An energy-efficient pool can save a pretty penny
- Keep your pool perfectly balanced
- It's our Sunsational Giveaway!
- Oxidation - bad for fruit, good for your pool
- How to make these guys buzz off
- COVID-Safe Swimming
- A sparkling pool for summer in three simple steps.
- Don’t let cloudy spa water give you the cold shoulder!
- Winter pool maintenance for a swim-ready pool!
- Warm off the winter blues!
- 'Tis the season of the spa!
- How to make the most of your spa in autumn
- Planting a garden around your pool or spa
- Why you should never smell chlorine in your pool
- Your summer pool maintenance guide
- What to do before and after a pool party
- A guide to sanitising your pool
- Keeping your pool energy efficient
- How to get your pool water sparkling in time for summer!
- Fun pool activities for kids!
- Does a pool add property value?
- Help! My pool water has turned cloudy
- What to plant around a swimming pool
- The BioGuard 3-step pool maintenance program
- Do you need to test your spa water regularly?
- Reduce the power costs for your spa
- A guide to sanitising your spa
- How to complete the perfect spa, just add lights!
- How to maintain your spa this winter
- Seven spas to put on your bucket list
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- What is hydrotherapy?
- BioGuard’s 3-Step Pool Winter Maintenance Program
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- How to effectively remove leaves from your pool
- 4 ways to make your pool more sustainable for Earth Day
- Can you use pool chemicals in the spa?
- 7 steps to get your pool ready for winter
- Premium Quality Pool Products
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Top 6 Pools From Around The World
- New Year's Resolution for Pool Owners
- Pool Party Protocol
- Tips for the busy pool owner
- How often should you test your pool water?
- Home Pool Safety
- How to fix a green pool
- SPASA Australia Awards 2016
- Understanding Pool Filters
- Tips for a Summer-ready pool
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- Protecting your pool from bad weather
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Weekly spa maintenance
- Keeping your spa spring-clean
- Five tips for a cost-effective spa clean
- The health benefits of spas
- Prepare your spa for winter
- Heating your pool
- Preparing for winter
- Pool Cleaning Guide
- Basic guide to filter cleaning
- Clearing up cloudy water
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Enjoy your new pool
- Getting your pool ready for a party?
- Take the stress out of chlorinating your pool
- Post-fire pool management
- How to enjoy swimming without eye irritation
- Avoid itchy skin after swimming
- What to do if you go away
- How to avoid a green pool
- Getting your pool ready for summer
- Five easy steps to a sparkling clean pool