- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
How do I host a pool party? There are lots of things to worry about – food, drink, safety, and guest numbers – and if you’ve never done it before, or the task has been sprung on you, it can be daunting. But it’s important to remember that pool parties with friends and family can…
Pool maintenance when you’re busy can be a daunting task. Particularly if you’re working longer days or you’re going away for the summer break, pool maintenance is probably the last thing on your mind. And while we get that time is precious, there are a few things you can do to ensure a sparkling pool,…
Your pool can add a few extra numbers to the price of your property. It can be the difference between visitors coming over for one drink, or staying for dinner. And it definitely makes a difference over summer. Owning a pool is one of the biggest investments you can have. That’s why at BioGuard we…
In the past 5 years, around 330 Australian children have tragically lost their lives through drowning in pools. That’s 330 Australian families, torn apart in horrible yet preventable circumstances. With summer approaching and 50% of these drownings occurring in residential pools, we have provided the following checklist to make sure you’re ready for the swimming…
It’s not a nice sight… You take a look at your pool, expecting crystal clear water to greet your eyes, but it’s green, cloudy and uninviting. So how do you clear the green without spending a fortune? Pool water turns green because of algae in the water. Algae can grow rapidly, particularly when it’s warm…
We are thrilled to announce that we have continued our SPASA winning streak, with BioLab and our retailers taking home eleven awards at the recent SPASA Australia Awards of Excellence Gala Dinner. The SPASA Australia Awards of Excellence Gala Dinner recognises achievements in design, construction, innovation, service and professionalism across the pool and spa industry.…
The filtration system is one of the most important parts of your pool, to keep it looking and feeling clean. The filter works in two ways: It keeps the water looking great by removing debris and oxidised materials from the water; and Stimulates water flow throughout the pool, distributing chemicals and preventing algae from forming…
It’s officially Spring! The temperature is rising, days are getting longer, we’re finally turning the heat off and putting the hot water bottle away – it’s an exciting time of the year! It’s also a time where memories of lazy Summer afternoons by the pool, get us looking to prepare our pool for the warmer…
When it comes to pools, we like to think we’re quite knowledgeable! We’re asked a vast array of questions daily particularly regarding chemical treatment for pools. So, we thought we’d share a few of the most commonly asked pool chemical questions. Of course we love hearing from you, so if you have any queries please…
- Don’t let cloudy spa water give you the cold shoulder!
- Winter pool maintenance for a swim-ready pool!
- Warm off the winter blues!
- 'Tis the season of the spa!
- How to make the most of your spa in autumn
- Planting a garden around your pool or spa
- Why you should never smell chlorine in your pool
- Your summer pool maintenance guide
- What to do before and after a pool party
- A guide to sanitising your pool
- Keeping your pool energy efficient
- How to get your pool water sparkling in time for summer!
- Fun pool activities for kids!
- The BioGuard Sweet Summer Giveaway!
- Does a pool add property value?
- Help! My pool water has turned cloudy
- What to plant around a swimming pool
- The BioGuard 3-step pool maintenance program
- Do you need to test your spa water regularly?
- Reduce the power costs for your spa
- A guide to sanitising your spa
- How to complete the perfect spa, just add lights!
- How to maintain your spa this winter
- Seven spas to put on your bucket list
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- The Cool Summer Giveaway!
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- What is hydrotherapy?
- BioGuard’s 3-Step Pool Winter Maintenance Program
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- How to effectively remove leaves from your pool
- 4 ways to make your pool more sustainable for Earth Day
- Can you use pool chemicals in the spa?
- 7 steps to get your pool ready for winter
- Premium Quality Pool Products
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Top 6 Pools From Around The World
- New Year's Resolution for Pool Owners
- Pool Party Protocol
- Tips for the busy pool owner
- How often should you test your pool water?
- Home Pool Safety
- How to fix a green pool
- SPASA Australia Awards 2016
- Understanding Pool Filters
- Tips for a Summer-ready pool
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- Protecting your pool from bad weather
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Weekly spa maintenance
- Keeping your spa spring-clean
- Five tips for a cost-effective spa clean
- The health benefits of spas
- Prepare your spa for winter
- Heating your pool
- Preparing for winter
- Pool Cleaning Guide
- Basic guide to filter cleaning
- Clearing up cloudy water
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Enjoy your new pool
- Getting your pool ready for a party?
- Take the stress out of chlorinating your pool
- Win a pool cleaner
- Post-fire pool management
- How to enjoy swimming without eye irritation
- Avoid itchy skin after swimming
- What to do if you go away
- How to avoid a green pool
- Getting your pool ready for summer
- Five easy steps to a sparkling clean pool