- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
It can be easy to forget about cleaning your pool when it’s not in use, but it’s important to continue the maintenance so you don’t end up with green water, staining or equipment damage. And it’s just as important to follow some easy steps in the lead-up to winter. While the pool is still in…
Much like your home, your pool needs to be kept clean so it remains enjoyable and safe to use. Establishing a routine for keeping your pool clean will ultimately save you time and money and maximise your swimming enjoyment. Use a long-handled net to catch leaves and other debris from the surface before they sink…
A properly maintained filter is the key to a clean swimming pool. It removes visible debris and most microscopic matter. Along with the chemicals you apply, it works to protect your health and help prevent the water from turning cloudy or even green. Unless something goes wrong it can be easy to forget about filter…
A cloudy pool is definitely not inviting, but there are some simple steps to help you clear that murky water. First, check the pool’s filtration and circulation system. Is the filter working properly, or does it need to be cleaned of sediment? BioGuard Filter Brite is ideal for cleaning the filter, which needs to run…
The simple days of flippers and goggles are long gone when it comes to keeping kids busy in the pool. Now there are hundreds of choices, ranging from diving toys to giant inflatables and everything in between. In addition to being huge fun, many pool toys will help kids learn to swim and keep fit,…
A pool is a great investment, but you don’t need to spend hours each week looking after it. Some pool builders will fill your new pool and treat it with the right chemicals so it’s ready to enjoy. Once it’s set up, you just need to follow a maintenance program to keep your pool at…
Summer is the perfect time for a party, and if you have a pool it gives you a great reason to invite everyone over to your place. Any summer’s day is right for a pool party, but you might want to throw a special one for Australia Day or Waitangi Day, a birthday, house-warming, the…
Win a pool cleaner
You want to spend hours enjoying your pool, not hours cleaning it. Keeping your pool clean is crucial, but why not let an automatic cleaner do most of the work for you? Heavy summer use, plus the fact your pool cover is off, means your pool can collect more debris and pollutants that will affect…
If you live in a bushfire-prone area you might one day have to deal with the effects of ash and other debris in your pool. The first step is to remove all debris and solid wastes as quickly as possible to avoid long-term damage. Then add BioGuard® Burn Out Extreme oxidiser, followed by your preferred…
- What to plant around a swimming pool
- The BioGuard 3-step pool maintenance program
- Do you need to test your spa water regularly?
- Reduce the power costs for your spa
- A guide to sanitising your spa
- How to complete the perfect spa, just add lights!
- How to maintain your spa this winter
- Seven spas to put on your bucket list
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- The Cool Summer Giveaway!
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- What is hydrotherapy?
- BioGuard’s 3-Step Pool Winter Maintenance Program
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- How to effectively remove leaves from your pool
- 4 ways to make your pool more sustainable for Earth Day
- Can you use pool chemicals in the spa?
- 7 steps to get your pool ready for winter
- Premium Quality Pool Products
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Top 6 Pools From Around The World
- New Year's Resolution for Pool Owners
- Pool Party Protocol
- Tips for the busy pool owner
- How often should you test your pool water?
- Home Pool Safety
- How to fix a green pool
- SPASA Australia Awards 2016
- Understanding Pool Filters
- Tips for a Summer-ready pool
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- Protecting your pool from bad weather
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Weekly spa maintenance
- Keeping your spa spring-clean
- Five tips for a cost-effective spa clean
- The health benefits of spas
- Prepare your spa for winter
- Heating your pool
- Preparing for winter
- Pool Cleaning Guide
- Basic guide to filter cleaning
- Clearing up cloudy water
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Enjoy your new pool
- Getting your pool ready for a party?
- Take the stress out of chlorinating your pool
- Win a pool cleaner
- Post-fire pool management
- How to enjoy swimming without eye irritation
- Avoid itchy skin after swimming
- What to do if you go away
- How to avoid a green pool
- Getting your pool ready for summer
- Five easy steps to a sparkling clean pool