- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
Reading time: 2:50 – Long warm nights are the perfect excuse to pull off the spa cover and enjoy a revitalising and relaxing spa. If you’ve neglected your spa over the summer months, there are a few simple steps you’ll need to do to get everything ready – but after that, running your spa in…
Reading time: 3:10 – For most of us, the ‘pool of our dreams’ includes the surrounding garden. Here, we explain how to create the perfect pool and spa backyard experience – and add value to your investment! Create a setting Two things to remember – yes, you want to create a space that’s utterly relaxing…
Reading time: 2:40 – You’ve reopened your spa for the winter, and put in a bit of time and effort getting it ready for the season. Now that it’s up and running and your water is crystal clear, do you still need to test your water regularly? The resounding answer is yes, you must test…
Reading time: 2:20 – Running a spa doesn’t have to cost you a fortune! Follow our handy tips for reducing your spa energy costs, and throughout the season, you can enjoy lovely warm soaks without breaking the bank. Put a lid on it! The number one way to reduce your spa energy costs is to…
Reading time: 2:30 – When it comes to treating your spa, sanitiser is your best friend! It’s the product that will keep your water clean and healthy by destroying any bacteria that develops. Bacteria thrive in a warm moist environment, so the hot water of your spa is the perfect breeding ground. By ensuring that…
Reading time: 2:20 – An outdoor spa is a fantastic addition to any backyard, especially if you’re looking to utilise a small space. Your house will quickly become a favourite amongst friends, because what’s better than relaxing in a hot bubbly spa? One of the biggest advantages of owning an outdoor spa is that you’re…
Reading time: 3:30 – Picture this: after coming home from a long and tiring day at work, you jump into a hot bubbly spa with your better half. Can you think of anything more blissful? If you’ve already developed a case of the winter blues, some time in your tub is the perfect remedy! But…
Reading time: 4:40 – We recently took you on a journey through the most spectacular pools in the world. Now we’d like to introduce you to the spa edition! Soaking in a spa is always a luxurious experience, and the beauty of these small vessels is they can fit in the most unlikely of spaces…
Reading time: 2:30 – Winter is fast approaching, and that means cosy nights by the fire, hot chocolates, big woolly scarves and best of all – warm bubbly spas! If you spent your summer splashing in the pool and neglecting your spa maintenance, then you’ll need our guide to bringing it back to life –…
- How to make the most of your spa in autumn
- Planting a garden around your pool or spa
- Why you should never smell chlorine in your pool
- Your summer pool maintenance guide
- What to do before and after a pool party
- A guide to sanitising your pool
- Keeping your pool energy efficient
- How to get your pool water sparkling in time for summer!
- Fun pool activities for kids!
- The BioGuard Sweet Summer Giveaway!
- Does a pool add property value?
- Help! My pool water has turned cloudy
- What to plant around a swimming pool
- The BioGuard 3-step pool maintenance program
- Do you need to test your spa water regularly?
- Reduce the power costs for your spa
- A guide to sanitising your spa
- How to complete the perfect spa, just add lights!
- How to maintain your spa this winter
- Seven spas to put on your bucket list
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- The Cool Summer Giveaway!
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- What is hydrotherapy?
- BioGuard’s 3-Step Pool Winter Maintenance Program
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- How to effectively remove leaves from your pool
- 4 ways to make your pool more sustainable for Earth Day
- Can you use pool chemicals in the spa?
- 7 steps to get your pool ready for winter
- Premium Quality Pool Products
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Top 6 Pools From Around The World
- New Year's Resolution for Pool Owners
- Pool Party Protocol
- Tips for the busy pool owner
- How often should you test your pool water?
- Home Pool Safety
- How to fix a green pool
- SPASA Australia Awards 2016
- Understanding Pool Filters
- Tips for a Summer-ready pool
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- Protecting your pool from bad weather
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Weekly spa maintenance
- Keeping your spa spring-clean
- Five tips for a cost-effective spa clean
- The health benefits of spas
- Prepare your spa for winter
- Heating your pool
- Preparing for winter
- Pool Cleaning Guide
- Basic guide to filter cleaning
- Clearing up cloudy water
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Enjoy your new pool
- Getting your pool ready for a party?
- Take the stress out of chlorinating your pool
- Win a pool cleaner
- Post-fire pool management
- How to enjoy swimming without eye irritation
- Avoid itchy skin after swimming
- What to do if you go away
- How to avoid a green pool
- Getting your pool ready for summer
- Five easy steps to a sparkling clean pool