- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
Let’s make it clear; when it comes to pool filtration, it’s vital that you use the best filter media on the market to keep your pool water healthy. For this reason, we’re thrilled that Activated Filter Media (AFM®), is available exclusively from BioGuard in Australia and New Zealand. Give your pool filter the first class…
Is your pool water being a real itch? Swimming should only be a good time. If your pool water is irritating your skin it’s time do something about it – stat! Firstly, if you have super sensitive skin, it’s essential to shower straight after swimming in a pool, washing off any chemical residue. Chemistry Supremacy…
Spring has sprung, and it’s finally safe to leave the comfort of your own home. And this warmer weather means one thing – it’s nearly pool season! It’s the perfect time to start thinking about your poolside entertaining, and getting organised now will mean you can relax and enjoy yourself when guests are over. Safety…
Shine on! Like magpies, we all love a bit of sparkle, but most importantly we all love sparkly pool water. So, what do you do when this sparkle fades? Our handy hints will keep your pool sparkling year-round. If your pool water loses its shine, it can cause discomfort or irritation to swimmers. So, it’s…
Spring is on our doorstep. If you’ve been ignoring your pool this winter, it’s time to give it some TLC. Life gets busy and we know it can be difficult to keep your pool maintained year-round. If you’ve let your pool maintenance slip – never fear, we have you covered with these tips that will…
Bad weather will not only ruin your mood, it can lead to debris, dirt and other pollutants ending up in your pool. If a storm is brewing – don’t fret – we’ve got you covered when it comes to protecting and preparing your pool. The Calm Before the Storm Keep your water levels up. In…
In frosty July, can you think of anything better than plunging into a hot bubbly spa? Relaxing in your spa is a brilliant winter activity that the whole family can enjoy. However, with great fun comes great responsibility. At BioGuard, we want you to enjoy your spa safely, especially when little ones are involved. We’ve…
In the interest of saving a buck, it can be tempting to use leftover pool chemicals to maintain your spa or swim spa. At a glance, pool and spa chemicals appear to share similar ingredients, which begs the question: which chemicals are suitable for my swim spa? And can I use pool chemicals in the…
Nobody wants to spend more money than they have to – when it comes to the costs of running a spa this is no exception! This winter it’s time for you to implement energy saving strategies that ensure your time in the spa won’t come at an extra cost! Here are our top energy saving…
- What to plant around a swimming pool
- The BioGuard 3-step pool maintenance program
- Do you need to test your spa water regularly?
- Reduce the power costs for your spa
- A guide to sanitising your spa
- How to complete the perfect spa, just add lights!
- How to maintain your spa this winter
- Seven spas to put on your bucket list
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- The Cool Summer Giveaway!
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- What is hydrotherapy?
- BioGuard’s 3-Step Pool Winter Maintenance Program
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- How to effectively remove leaves from your pool
- 4 ways to make your pool more sustainable for Earth Day
- Can you use pool chemicals in the spa?
- 7 steps to get your pool ready for winter
- Premium Quality Pool Products
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Top 6 Pools From Around The World
- New Year's Resolution for Pool Owners
- Pool Party Protocol
- Tips for the busy pool owner
- How often should you test your pool water?
- Home Pool Safety
- How to fix a green pool
- SPASA Australia Awards 2016
- Understanding Pool Filters
- Tips for a Summer-ready pool
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- Protecting your pool from bad weather
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Weekly spa maintenance
- Keeping your spa spring-clean
- Five tips for a cost-effective spa clean
- The health benefits of spas
- Prepare your spa for winter
- Heating your pool
- Preparing for winter
- Pool Cleaning Guide
- Basic guide to filter cleaning
- Clearing up cloudy water
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Enjoy your new pool
- Getting your pool ready for a party?
- Take the stress out of chlorinating your pool
- Win a pool cleaner
- Post-fire pool management
- How to enjoy swimming without eye irritation
- Avoid itchy skin after swimming
- What to do if you go away
- How to avoid a green pool
- Getting your pool ready for summer
- Five easy steps to a sparkling clean pool