- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
They might be cute and cuddly, but when it comes to pool maintenance – ducks are yuck. So, waddle be the best practice for not only getting them out of your pool, but deterring them completely? BioGuard AlgiGuard As a quat-based algaecide that lowers the surface tension to help repel ducks and insects, BioGuard AlgiGuard…
If your pool has a case of the ‘algaes’, you’ll need to bring it back to health as soon as possible. The longer you leave it – the more unwell it’ll become and the more expensive it gets to bring it back to life. The most effective way to remedy your pool is through a…
Spring! What a great time of the year to get back in the yard and do a bit of pool cleaning – especially if maintenance has taken a back seat through winter. Let BioGuard put some of that springtime sparkle back in your pool. Clean your baskets and filters No one likes a clogged filter…
It’s over; winter is finally over – and we couldn’t be happier! It means shorter nights, warmer temperatures, and the triumphant return of the swimming pool – it’s an exciting time of the year. For many of us though, winter is the time of the year where our pool maintenance falls to the wayside. Thankfully,…
It’s time to make your spa the focal point and throw a party! However, spa parties can result in a dirty spa… So – with a big clean up on the cards – what’s the most efficient way to tackle a filthy spa head on with some effective spa cleaning? The Pre-Party Foremost, it’s important…
2017 has delivered a strange winter, with less rain and warmer temperatures. And this doesn’t bode well with experts who claim that this will continue into spring and beyond. So, what can you do now – in winter – to combat these drier spells? Send In The Tanks Rainwater is one of the most valuable…
We all need a bit of balance in our lives July gets a bad rap. Often associated with dreary, cold, wet, miserable weather, it’s also the most common month of the year for people to call in sick for work. But, can we really blame this on winter? Or is a poor ‘work-life balance’ the…
Whether for relaxation, entertaining, exercise, family or couples time, choosing your new spa should be a lot of fun. But as with any big-ticket purchase, selecting the right spa for your lifestyle, means making a few well thought out decisions. Only pick the essentials How much do you want to spend? Knowing your budget and…
Nothing thaws the soul like a soak in the spa. Just as nothing ruins that soak like a poorly maintained spa. And as we dive further into autumn, bracing ourselves for the winter chill, spa maintenance becomes more and more important. So whether you just need a brief reminder, or you’ve neglected your spa over…
- What to plant around a swimming pool
- The BioGuard 3-step pool maintenance program
- Do you need to test your spa water regularly?
- Reduce the power costs for your spa
- A guide to sanitising your spa
- How to complete the perfect spa, just add lights!
- How to maintain your spa this winter
- Seven spas to put on your bucket list
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- The Cool Summer Giveaway!
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- What is hydrotherapy?
- BioGuard’s 3-Step Pool Winter Maintenance Program
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- How to effectively remove leaves from your pool
- 4 ways to make your pool more sustainable for Earth Day
- Can you use pool chemicals in the spa?
- 7 steps to get your pool ready for winter
- Premium Quality Pool Products
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Top 6 Pools From Around The World
- New Year's Resolution for Pool Owners
- Pool Party Protocol
- Tips for the busy pool owner
- How often should you test your pool water?
- Home Pool Safety
- How to fix a green pool
- SPASA Australia Awards 2016
- Understanding Pool Filters
- Tips for a Summer-ready pool
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- Protecting your pool from bad weather
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Weekly spa maintenance
- Keeping your spa spring-clean
- Five tips for a cost-effective spa clean
- The health benefits of spas
- Prepare your spa for winter
- Heating your pool
- Preparing for winter
- Pool Cleaning Guide
- Basic guide to filter cleaning
- Clearing up cloudy water
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Enjoy your new pool
- Getting your pool ready for a party?
- Take the stress out of chlorinating your pool
- Win a pool cleaner
- Post-fire pool management
- How to enjoy swimming without eye irritation
- Avoid itchy skin after swimming
- What to do if you go away
- How to avoid a green pool
- Getting your pool ready for summer
- Five easy steps to a sparkling clean pool